- Research/Scholar Paper name – “Anti-Competitive Practices Of Online Retail Portals In The Purview Of Competition Act, 2002: A Critical Legal Study“
- Author: Samruddhi Gharote
- Institution: LLM, Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- Affiliation: Centre for Study of Dispute Resolution
- Date of Publication: 24/12/2022
The pace of technological advancement is faster than that of the law, and this trend will continue. As Charles Clark famously said, “the answer to the machine is in the machine,” we must rely on technology to keep up with the pace of technological innovation. In other words, implementing technological development is the ideal response to technical exploitation. Significant regulatory changes in the digital sphere for India’s competition authorities have been brought about by the move in the commerce sector to e-commerce. Despite the fact that e-commerce has provided consumers with numerous advantages, traditional and offline businesses still view it as a threat. This paper analyses different anti-competitive practises on online portals and laws applicable on them.