- Research/Scholar Paper name – “Concept of Combinations and Appreciable Adverse Effect on Competition: A Study Under Competition Act 2002”
- Author: Ramesh Kumar
- Institution: LL.M Student, Galgotias University
- Co-Author: Rohit Katara
- Institution: 5th Year, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
- Affiliation: Centre for Study of Contemporary Legal Issues
- Date of Publication: 31/07/2021
India is a developing country with a population of about 130 Crores. The larger section of the population is poor and with the global trend of the free market, the government of India has immense responsibility not only of providing mass employment through inviting investment from abroad but it has ensured fair competition among the enterprises so that the common Indian is able to buy goods from the open market with the cheapest price but of the best quality. To prevent unfair competition and to prevent monopoly in the market, the government of India has constituted the Competition Commission of India whose main role is to safeguard the completion and to protect the consumers from any kind of exploitation. The present paper on the concept of “Combinations and Appreciable Adverse Effect on Competition” has been written by using the Doctrinal and Exploratory Research method. All relevant offline, online Journals, books and periodicals have been used to write this paper. An attempt has been made to present the subject of the topic easy and simple to the reader.