- Research/Scholar Paper name – “Death Penalty for Rapist in Relation with Human Rights”
- Author: W. V. Sophia Stella Sargunam
- Institution: Human Rights and Duties Education Soel, TNDLU
- Affiliation: Centre for Study of Contemporary Legal Issues
- Date of Publication: 24/05/2021
Rape is one of the heinous crimes that happen around the world. On the other hand death penalty is the most argued topic as many feels this violates the basic human rights of a person. This paper deals with the relation with death penalty in context with rape. This paper deals on how rape existed in ancient era and how they were punished. And also deals with the context of how rape is punished in present to understand how human rights are recognized. It exclusively deals with the Indian law and its present situation. The author analysis whether the death penalty for rape is useful or is still a myth. Thus, this paper deals fully with the relation with death penalty in context of rape as a human rights violation.
This Paper is the copyrighted property of CALR Institute. Distribution of the same without prior permission will result in a civil suit against the individual, people or organization responsible for the same.